This article provides a complete guide for each configuration and additional information about Live Room features.
The participant or student plays an important role in setting up the meeting for the Live Room by Verbit.
The participant or student has to make sure the following are all configured for the application to work properly:
- Setting Up Live Room application
- Launching a session with the Live Room application
Setting Up Live Room
1. Download Live Room Setup 1.4.0.exe
2. Go to Downloads folder and double-click Live Room Setup 1.4.0.exe to run the file.
3. The License Agreement window will show up. Read the License Agreement and click I Agree to proceed.
4. Installation should only take a few seconds to complete. Click Finish once done.
Recommended: Leave Run Live Room checked.
5. Login to Live Room using your Verbit username and password.
6. Live Room should be available in your taskbar.
Launching Live Room
Live Room will automatically launch and attach the interactive transcript window to your desktop screen upon joining the online meeting according to the schedule of the Live Session.
Live Room can also be launched manually from the taskbar.
There are seven Live Room functions available from the taskbar:
- Show - If the interactive transcript is hidden, the end-user will only see the captions overlay in your desktop screen which will emulate a "captions-only" experience.
- Detach/Attach from Zoom - If the Live Room application has detected a Zoom Live session, the application will have an option to Detach or Attach the interactive transcript window to the Zoom application. The transcript page will be independent of each other, in which the end-user can move around and position on their desktop to their liking.
- Floating Captions - Displays floating captions plus the interactive transcript window that will be visible not only on the end-users desktop screen but even if they switch to open a browser page or change their view to their desktop screen.
Note: Floating captions can be dragged anywhere from your screen however you see it fit on your desktop screen.
- In order to activate the Floating Captions, click on the Show to trigger it.
- To open Floating Captions only, you can close the interactive transcript window.
- Stay on top - Displays Floating Captions and interactive transcript window on the top of the screen.
- Support - Clicking on Support launches the Verbit Support Center which allows the end-user to submit a Support ticket.
- Log out - To sign out of the login session.
- Exit - Clicking on this feature will end or shut down the entire Live Room application.
Live Room Icons
Live Room offers end users several features and functions to improve their online session experience.