Verbit CART allows integration with Zoom with the use of an API token key for closed captioning service.
This article covers:
- Obtaining the caption URL (API token)
- Adding API token to a Zoom CART session
Obtaining the Caption URL (API Token)
1. Click Closed Caption [CC] in a Zoom meeting or webinar that you are hosting.
2. Click Copy the API token
Alternatively, you can ask the Zoom host/speaker for a copy of the URL and send it using an in-meeting chat in Zoom once you have joined the meeting room.
If the Zoom host has designated you or the Verbit Captioner to type the captions,
Adding API Token to a Zoom CART Session
In order to establish a connection between Verbit and Zoom, the Verbit admin or Verbit Captions agent must obtain a copy of the caption URL (API token) and enter the API token to the platform that supports Zoom closed captioning REST API.
1. Go to Live and select the upcoming or ongoing CART session
2. Under Zoom column, click on the Zoom button and paste the API token
3. Click Save
Once done, live captioning will be available for any participant who clicks on Closed Captions [CC] in Zoom.
- In a meeting, it will appear in the controls at the bottom of your screen.
- In a webinar, this will appear in the controls at the top of your screen.